Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tres Hombres




Jason Lehmann

It was my mother's birthday the other night and since she'd just had knee replacement surgery the family gathered at her place to celebrate.  Phil was feeling pretty good and led the way into the house while I brought in our things.  The next thing I heard was "No way!"  Having anticipated that Phil would be losing his hair this week my two nephews had shaved their heads in solidarity.  




Josh Lehmann
Most of you don't know these guys so let me vouch for their character.  I don't know too many twenty-somethings (males no less) who willing give up whole weekends to move their aunt and uncle, clean out storage units, endure endless hours of XBOX with self-centered 8 year olds, run errands at the drop of a hat, and shave their heads knowing that they will likely be mistaken for chemo patients themselves.  Josh is 6'8'' and weighs around 165 lbs and Jason isn't much "shorter".  I always think he is short by comparison but he must be about 6'3".  A real peanut.  Shaving their heads took cahones and a great deal of love and respect, feelings I know they both have for Phil.  

Those of you who do know Jason and Josh know they are a breed apart.  These are the kind of guys you want in your corner when you need to lighten up.  Solidarity and lots of laughs.  Very cool.

With The Church Man





2 comments:

  1. We are praying daily for you Phil! Know that there are 3 Kliewers on your team :>.
    Love,
    Jenn, Jeff, and Alexa Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears in my eyes again! Amazing!

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete