Friday, September 24, 2010

Resting

Phil is resting today as we all are; catching up on sleep and catching our collective breath after the whirlwind of the last several days. His parents have arrived and my brother Peter and his family have driven down. There are still a few more members yet to come in over the next days as we gather to be with Phil and enjoy our time together as family.

Unless there are any changes I will be taking a break from posting as we rest, recharge, and enjoy one another. The last time we were all together like this to join our two families as one was at our wedding 15 years ago. It will be a sweet time of communion, thanksgiving and prayerful petition to God for all that He has done and for all that He has yet to do.

I will be back here on Monday. May the Lord sustain you as I know you will be feeling the absence of news of our dear Phil. Know that he is in the hands of the great physician and in the arms of his loved ones as you hold him in your hearts and prayers.

6 comments:

  1. So glad to know that you're all together. Please give Mr. & Mrs. Conrad my love.

    Blessings to you all,
    Jennie (Palmer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a real breather moment if i ever known one! Extremly happy and thankful about the MRI news! Now I know God is really looking down on Phil and I'm almost positive he'll just keep regaining strength and he'll soon overcome his illness.
    Love and Prayer,
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time with your family. Know that we are praying, praying, praying for all of you.
    Love,
    Jenn, Jeff, & Alexa Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phil was my mentor when I knew nothing about Ortho. You believed in me and I believe in you. No worries mate we'll have a pint soon and laugh together. STRIKE HOLD! 82nd AIRBORNE DIVISION

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Phil,

    Well, as you know, the rumor mill at The Doctors Clinic is so fierce, that it doesn't take long before the entire world knows everything about everybody. I happened to be passing through radiology when I got the word of your recent condition change. Polly gave me information to get into this blog. It's good to see the are fighting and working hard to reach an end to this. I'm sure you'll succeed; it's just the way you are.

    I think about you when I run and I remember the good times, and I know there will be plenty more in the future. So hang tight buddy.

    On a lighter side, Kitsap County is having his first Oktoberfest ever at the mall today. There'll be plenty of beer and bands for all. I'll raise a glass to you and do a little dance and embarrassed myself completely in front of millions of people.

    Be good Phil and I'll see you later.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. The prayer warriors in Florida are lifting all of you up to our great PHYSICIAN.

    Cousin Deb

    ReplyDelete