Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Surgery Update

The surgeon has just come out to talk with us and Phil has done well this morning.  He ruled out fungal activity and was able to clear the left sinuses. Thanks be to God--best scenario for today though there are many issues that remain. He will have an MRI tomorrow morning for further information about how to proceed. It looks like it is bacterial and we will have to wait for the cultures for treatment decisions to be made. He is not out of the woods by any stretch and we are grateful for each positive bit of news. He has some blood clots in the area that concern the surgeon and the neurosurgeon will weigh in on them soon. More news as we get it. Love you all.









8 comments:

  1. Well Thank God for each and every blessing. Thank you Sally for keeping us all in the loop as we have been so concerned about Phil, you, and the kids.

    Our prayers and thoughts are there all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family and I are sending out gobs of prayers for Phil.......and your entire family. Praying for quick diagnosis and treatment. I can't imagine how difficult this must all be. You are such a strong family. You are all in our thoughts and prayers daily! Stay strong, and Go Team Conrad!

    P.S. Thanks so much for taking the time to keep us all informed. You are truly an amazing woman! :)

    ~Andrea Hall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil,

    Please know that I pray EVERY day - multiple times each day. You are always on my mind! Love you lots Bro.. keep fighting.

    Sally- You are amazing. Love you too!

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phil,

    The pain you are going through lays heavy in my heart. You are in my thoughts and I am pulling for you. You are a ROCK.

    Sally,
    You are a wonderful women and Phil is blessed to have you by his side. I Love and miss you.

    Take Care,
    Greg Fairley

    Greg Fairley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would it be okay if I add Phil to the prayer list at Calvary Episcopal in Pittsburgh (if it hasn't already been done)?

    Prayers going up from all over Pittsburgh...

    Much love,
    Jennie Palmer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just double-checked the bulletin at Calvary, and he's on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greg you brought tears to my eyes. I love you too and miss your
    big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you in the fellowship of the spirit.

    You are in my thoughts this day and my prayers tonight.

    Love,

    Mark Reis

    ReplyDelete