Saturday, February 12, 2011

Phil's Latest Update

This current hospitalization has shown me what a well-oiled machine my local crisis management team has become.  We're so accustomed to this roller coaster routine by now that each of us knows our role down pat.  My sister Terry called me early yesterday morning to say she'd come sit with Phil for the morning shift so I could go with Olivia to celebrate the "First 100 Days of School" and Valentine's Day.  Josh started cooking in the morning so we could have homemade manicotti for dinner, brought to us at the hospital I might add, so Phil didn't have to gag down the Turkey a la King they put in front of him.  He also picked up the kids from school and entertained them/developed their character (depending on how you look at it) for the rest of the afternoon and evening.  Josh even took care of our dog Nero's deep emotional needs and brought him over to hang out all day with their dogs.  


Today my parents joined in and took Bennett to his baseball game. Terry and Josh have Olivia and Nero and will resume with Bennett when my parents meet up with them later today.  Tomorrow will be more of the same with Jason and Becky and their dogs for entertainment and more dog camaraderie for Nero.  It's what families do, or should do that is, and I am very fortunate to have good family around me.  


Phil called me at 9 this morning and sounded well rested and strong of voice.  He had a decent sleep despite being bothered all night getting blood and antibiotics.  He was able to take meds to get back to sleep and after 3 units of blood he's singing a new song.  His L eye is a bit swollen and slightly red so his on-call infectious disease consultant ordered a STAT MRI to see what's going on with the eye, sinus and mucor situation.  Dr. Kossman was going to do this anyway so now it's in the pipeline.  He just returned from having that completed so we'll await that important piece of information.  Otherwise, his blood counts are coming up, including the WBCs, and he is slowly feeling better.


That's all for now so stay tuned and thank you for keeping us in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad the blood counts are up and I pray the MRI is good news! Sorry that you are having to go through this and I'm so glad you have your family surrounding you with love and support. If you need any more support, in any way, let me know!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete