Sunday, October 10, 2010

Getting the Hang of It

The pump issues are slowly getting better and we've been successfully hydrating Phil for a few days now. It's taken several attempts but we finally got the Ambisone going this morning though we're behind a day or so on that schedule. As the hassles multiplied I did my best to focus on the grand scheme of things as much as possible but 2 solid days of dealing with pump failures and incompatibilities pushed me right up to my limit. Sprinkle in a little sleep deprivation, PMS and fragile nerves and well, if I weren't so wiped out I might have hurt someone.

Tonight is feeling a tad bit more normal as evidenced by the young boys watching Ironman 2 in the other room and Olivia giving me a much needed "make over" in our half of the house. Olivia and I will round out our night with a chick flick to keep things in balance. A few moments of normal feel pretty good.

Pumps, meds and hassles aside, there are also new things to contend with. Phil's appetite is poor and I am concerned for his weight. If he loses much more, decisions will need to be made about supplementing him. This week's appointments will be crucial to our trajectory.

5 comments:

  1. We are on our knees daily for all of you. Sending hugs!
    Love,
    Jenn, Jeff, and Alexa Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know there is quite a learning curve to all of the home therapies - but sounds like you are getting the hang of it.

    We're all sending all kinds of good thoughts and prayers for Phil's healing and support for your family...

    We're with you every step of the way.

    David, Heather, Zoe, Gretchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil - Glad to hear that you are at home with your family - as always, you are ALWAYS in my thoughts. You've got a wonderful family and a great support group. Keep on fighting - you're going to get through this!
    Love, Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bro.. very much enjoyed hearing your voice. look forward to my trip down to visit you. Seriously... consider taking some time when you are feeling well, have energy etc to do something with your family. Disney Land, Cruise etc. I think you really cherish the time spent and I know the family will as well.

    Love you!

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not think of a more competent and loving person to be taking care of Phil. God is with you! Lean on his strength and wrap yourself in His comfort and warmth. I am praying for Phil's healing and your peace.

    Sending lots of love to you, Phil, Bennett and Olivia!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete