Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thank You Team Conrad

Today I think I might finally be feeling the fatigue.  In my folly I saved writing this post until late and my brain is competing with the XBOX in the background for my attention to detail.  Truth be told, I also just polished off a big dish of frozen yogurt with chocolate chips and am primed for a food coma to set in.  Reader beware, just saying.   

Seriously,  any thoughts I had of skipping out of posting tonight were quickly extinguished when I saw how many new followers the blog has received since yesterday.  The outpouring of emails, comments and FB posts has been more than amazing and there really aren't words for how loved and supported we feel.  THAT is where my energy comes from tonight.  From you, Team Conrad.

Many of you have written how much the blog has helped you.  What started for me as a simple journal and a way to keep friends and family informed has become a source of tremendous energy and support for me as well.   I love to write knowing that it is giving you information, hope,and inspiration and I feel renewed and connected to our team when I am finished.  So, thanks for being there and for inspiring me.

As for todays news:  The initial spinal tap was read as...NEGATIVE! Praise Jesus. We will hear the final results tomorrow but we are very excited.  If the spinal tap is negative then Phil will only need the intrathecal chemo 3-4 more times and he will NOT need a reservoir (plug!) in his head.  Hallelujah!! Finally some good news after a landslide of crap-o-la!  Stay tuned for the final results.

Tomorrow brings the last 2 chemo agents for this cycle, vincristine and adriamycin.  They are unknowns to us and we will learn what side effects they have to offer over the next 24 hours.  We'll see how they work and hope for the best.  After that, he's coming home to rest at "the big house" (subject of a future post) on Saturday.

Take heart Team Conrad,  Phil's been kicking butt and taking names and is buoyed by your love love love.

6 comments:

  1. Praise God! We are praying for you & hope to hear the "for sure" on this one! The Kienle's

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny you mentioned XBOX... I had a dream that I came to visit you guys, and Phil was intensely playing a video game -- some kind of bang, bang, shoot-em-up game.

    I asked him what he was doing, and he said "I'm visualizing my cancer cells and blowing them out of the water!"

    Keep up the good work, and game consoles all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so inspiring. Hugs all around!
    Hope moving is a small distraction and will bring a little light to your lives.
    xo xo
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending love and hugs from a blast from the WAY past... I still remember how nervous it made my mother when Phil would whoosh past our house on his skateboard when we were kids.

    xoxo,
    Jennie (Palmer)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...that is some serious good news. Really glad to hear that and will keep fingers crossed for the final read.

    Phil always was a kick ass-and-take-names kind of dude when he gets the bit between the teeth. That lymphoma better start packing.

    Besides, a 'plug' in Phil's head would just be plain old wrong...

    In all seriousness, I can imagine you are all quite ready to retreat to homebase and rejuvenate after this momentous week. Our thoughts will be with you for rest, recuperation, peace, healing, and some laughs as well.

    We'll be on vacation the next week but will be checking in as regularly as connectivity will allow...

    Love and hugs from all four of us.

    David, Heather, Zoe, and Gretchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many times that I have so many things I want to say to you that my head is just spinning, but then my heart just freezes! It has been many years since I have seen Phil, but my memories of hanging out with him, (& my side kick at the time, Steve Cashmer), keep flooding back into my somewhat dense brain! I am hoping the fundraiser at the Edgewood Club is as big of a success as I expect it to be, but I also feel that my thoughts and prayers are just not enough! I feel very helpless and my heart goes out to you all. The thoughts of love, and strenth.....along with daily prayers, will continue until this battle is won, and I hope it gives you a little bit of comfort to know that I am with you every step of the way! Sending you much love and light from an old Edgewood friend! Leslie Rush Cuda

    ReplyDelete