Sunday, August 15, 2010

Looney Tunes

Having grown up watching Bug Bunny and Looney Tunes, my head is full of cartoon images and thankfully, classical music. As I drift in and out of sleep in the wee hours of the night one image plays in my head more than any other. In my dreams, whether it be a train or a car racing by there trees and scenery, their colors blurring and their shapes bending in unnatural proportion to the forces rushing past them. And there is always that rubbery instrumental music I've only heard in cartoons as the trees bend just to their breaking point (although there is a suggestion in the music that perhaps they will go just beyond before they snap back). I can't think of a better word to describe it, sorry. Does anyone actually know how you make that sound? A huge saw? For the life of me I can't think of it. At any rate, that is the sound track of our lives right now. And those trees bending as the train rushes by? I get that.


No comments:

Post a Comment